Course Reflection

As my time comes to an end in the course, I just want to start by saying thank you! To my teacher, my classmates, and everyone in between! Thanks to the collaborative effort from everyone in unity, my skills have a writer have definitely improved for the better! My effort, my thought process and all the new rules I learned has been wonderful. My favourite unit was cycle three. I was paired with great group members and felt as though I excelled in this unit. If I could redo it all again, I would let myself go and be freer with my writing.

I was asked to be creative and express myself through my writing. I struggled at first, but towards the end started to go great! I identified my weaknesses as comma splices and tense shifts. I learned that sometimes you need to let certain rules go from our memories to excel in creative writing. This learning helped me achieve my goals by letting me be free, then critiquing it draft by draft. It challenged me in ways that other things haven’t before. I went out of my comfort zone in poetry and learned a lot. I never ever liked poetry before cycle two. I did not know that thewre was different types, or different rules. There was also plenty of ways to write a poem. This helped my skills a lot and it taught me how to be extra creative.

I might use all this new knowledge in my grade 12 English course to better myself in the writing craft and make my work even stronger than before. It has made me think deeper in my work, search for alternatives and it just overall made me use my resources more than ever. I approached my work hesitantly, trying to make sure I am happy with my content and/or topic. I learned that lack of planning is inefficient and leaves you dissatisfied throughout the whole time you are working. I was pretty successful in meeting deadlines for the most part until trips affected me during cycle three. I do believe I learned good habits throughout the course.

The learning from the whole course was exceptional. New skills and knowledge was learned every day whether it be from classmates or my teacher. Everyone was happy to share their thoughts and the whole class felt very close and comfortable. I have learned that I do skip out on important details to show rather than tell. I slowly worked from this to show my stories and let the image be produced by the reader. My next steps are to continue writing and developing my creativity with my newly acquired skills. I plan on fixing grammar specifically. My misuse of certain things really dampens my work. Great work to my teacher for running the course and classmates fore participating! The course was perfect and I wouldn’t change a thing.